Shabbat Under the Stars returns this summer! Save the dates:
Fourth Fridays: June 25th, July 23rd, August 27th
More details coming soon!
Please join us every Friday at 7:00 PM (PT) on Zoom for our CBE Shabbat Service!
Our virtual synagogue opens at 6:40 pm for some much-needed “Schmooze Time” before the service.
Here’s how to join us:
- If you’re signed up for the CBE Weekly News email, look there to find and click on the link to that week’s service. (If you’re not on the email list, contact the temple office for details at firstname.lastname@example.org.) You may share this link with family and friends, but please do not post publicly!
- When you click the link: If you already have the Zoom app on your computer or smartphone, it will open the app and place you into the service automatically. If you don’t already have the Zoom app on your device, you will be asked to download the Zoom app. It’s free and safe.
- You don’t need a prayerbook – the prayers will appear on the screen.
- Bring your own shabbat candles, kippah, filled kiddush cup, challah and oneg.
- When you join the service, your audio will be muted and your video will be off to make sure you are ready to participate. If you sign in before 7, please unmute yourself when ready and your room is quiet. If you arrive late, please remain on mute as the service will be in progress. Start your video as soon as you join the meeting.
- Our service will include remembering Yahrzeits for the coming week and, as always, a Mi Shebeirach prayer will be said for all of those who are in need of healing, so keep those names handy to say or type in the meeting chat.
ONEG SHABBAT SPONSORING
We are still accepting donations to the oneg fund. Now that CBE will be having weekly shabbat services on ZOOM on Friday nights, we will announce it as:
If you would like to be an oneg sponsor, please make your donations online at https://www.cbesimi.org/community/sisterhood/oneg-sponsorship/ or contact Meridith directly at email@example.com so she can make sure that your name is announced. Due to the stay at home order, the mail is not collected every day and we want to make sure we announce your donations on time. Mail checks to Meridith Patera, whose address is in the temple roster, or email her for the address.
“A donation to the oneg fund has been made by….in honor/memory of…”
Oneg sponsorships will be announced every Friday.
Thank you for supporting the sisterhood and our temple during these trying times.
Shabbat Morning Services
Every first Saturday of the month
Now hybrid: on Zoom and LIVE from the sanctuary!
Join the “Shabbos Shtarkers” – “Shabbat devotees” – for a Shabbat morning service with a Torah reading and interactive discussion.
For the Zoom link, check the Weekly News email bulletin, or email the temple at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purchase your own
Mishkan T’Filah: A Reform Siddur
for Shabbat services (includes a personalized bookplate), or donate a copy to CBE for general use.
Purchase or donate a copy of Mishkan T’filah for Shabbat by filling out the secure form below:NOTE: THIS CART IS ONLY FOR CBE PURCHASES. SISTERHOOD PURCHASES BELONG TO A SEPARATE ACCOUNT.
Purchase your own
Machzor for the Days of Awe
for the High Holy Days (includes personalized bookplates), or donate a copy to CBE for general use.
Standard Two-Volume Set: $54
Large-Print Two-Volume Hardcover: $72
Large Print Three-Volume Paperback: $108
To purchase or donate a set of Mishkan HaNefesh for High Holidays, please fill out the following:NOTE: THIS CART IS ONLY FOR CBE PURCHASES. SISTERHOOD PURCHASES BELONG TO A SEPARATE ACCOUNT.